I hadn’t originally planned on going to Bali, but thankfully Tash talked me in to it while I was half way through a bucket in Koh Phangnan. I gave her my card deets and she took care of the rest. I only had one request:
We were not going to Kuta
The flight over was less than desirable as I was sitting beside a 6’5 19 year old schoolie who insisted on telling me over and over again how he was drinking straight vodka. My kindle and earphones didn’t deter him, and he ever started “chatting” with me via the planes IM system on our individual screens:
37 A has sent you an instant message 37 B
When I fell asleep, he woke me up to let me know I could rest my head on him…
Ammm…I’m okay thanks..
Thank god we were not going to Kuta!
Tash had organised everything and there was even a car waiting for me when I arrived at the airport. The driver took me to our hotel, the Amadea in Seminyak. It was late, so I went to bed and when I woke up Tash was there 🙂
Our hotel was a 15 min walk from the beach and right in the middle of Seminyak- which was now becoming one of my fav places in SE Asia. We spent the first day on the beach, drinking juice and iced coffees, and then went to Yoga. The Yoga was held in Prana Yoga Studio and was one of the best classes I have ever been to – Superflow Vinyasa. I was on a serious detox and we were both wrecked from the jet lag so we went to bed relativity early.
I had chosen the right place to detox, as Seminyak was full of healthy cafes/restaurants. My favs were:
- Earth Cafe – http://www.downtoearthbali.com/#!__earth-cafe
I think we ate here 10 times in 8 days. Great vegan option for breaki, lunch, dinner and desert and so cheap!
- Townhouse – http://thetownhousebali.com/main/introduction/
This was nice but more expensive that the others for breakfasts. I had an omelette as I was having width-drawls.
- Kuni’s – http://www.kunisbali.com/
Great sushi and super cheap. We ended up coming back here after we drove to Kuta, took one look at the restaurant we had booked and drove back to seminyak.
- Sea Circus – http://seacircus-bali.com/
Super cute cafe with great breakies and juices.
On the Monday Tash had surprised me with a trip to Ubud to a day spa – Bliss!
- First Treatment: Ayurvedic Massage – Chakra Dhara This treatment includes dripping warm herbal oil on the chakra points on your body in order to balance the energy flow and to purify the body, mind and spirit.The therapist will skillfully treat your body with an array of repetitive and slow movements such as kneading, squeezing and rubbing, which function to eliminate toxins and other impurities. This treatment will make you feel wonderful!Treatment time: 2.5 hours.
- Botanica Spa Lunch A special two course light menu is prepared and served to bali botanica guests at bridges bali, a casual fine dining restaurant in Ubud.Lunch time: 1 hour
- Second Treatment: Herbal Body Scrub and Therapeutic Bath Cleaning in depth! This treatment will remove dead skin cells, promoting newer cells to come up, which results to healthy and glowing skin. botanica’s exfoliants are made of 100% natural products.
Choice of scrub:
- Lulur scrub: rice powder, turmeric and sandal wood (moisturizer: fresh yogurt)
- Milk scrub: milk based exfoliant (moisturizer: fresh yogurt)
- Coffee scrub: coffee based exfoliant (moisturizer: fresh papaya)
- Spice scrub: spice based exfoliant
- Green tea scrub: green tea based exfoliant (moisturizer: fresh yogurt)
Choice of bath
- Bath of fresh flowers
- Bath of spices (herbs, clove, cinnamon)
Treatment time: 45 minutes
- Third Treatment: Herbal Botanica Facial This treatment softens, moisturizes and firms the skin while promoting the growth of new cells. Starting with applying milk cleanser, the treatment is then followed by peeling and exfoliation using natural herbal scrub.Next, a face, neck and shoulder massages with a steam treatment followed by manual extraction. Then, as the facemask is applied, you can relax deeply for 15 minutes while it does its wonderful work! The treatment concludes with applying moisturizing cream and refreshing iced towel on your skin.Treatment time: 1 hour.
- Fourth Treatment: Hair Crème Bath Treatment time: 1 hour
After the Spa we strolled around Ubud and drank some more iced coffees and juice at a lovely cafe before heading back to Seminyak.
The following day, we spent the day at Potatoe Head Beach Club, drinking coconut water from coconuts and tequila and mango daiquiris. Potatoe head’s infinity pool over looking Seminyak beach is the perfect backdrop for Bali’s beautiful sunset.
For the rest of the hols, we floated between breaki, lunch and dinner, from Yoga to the pool, living the life! I also tried Self Taught Ashtanga Yoga at Shala Yoga studio.
On our last night we met Neil and Sinead at Ku De Ta beach club for drinks, dinner and another amazing sunset. My drinks of choice were the Lychee and Rose Martini and Tommy’s Margarita.